Working alone can be lonely. Entrepreneurship comes with many challenges and enormous demands on us. Like overcoming fear. Keeping the faith. AND staying positive and productive. It’s a tough gig, and you need some real grit to keep going at times. It’s all too easy to feel like giving up.
Overwhelm can be a huge problem. Feeling like it’s all too much. Like you don’t know where to start. This is made much worse by having everything swirling around in your head. You feel like you have no one to talk to or help you put it into perspective. Finding a way forward seems impossible.
A lack of confidence and fears around things you want to do can also hold you back enormously. We start to doubt whether you are capable or worthy of doing what you’re doing.
It’s easy to see how, with this type of negative emotion and feeling, a focused mindset starts to slip and doubts creep in, become louder and even overtake to the point where you feel like giving up.
In these situations people often themselves, “Why am I doing this”? It feels like such a lot of stress and amount of work to cope with, and we really can lose sight of why we even started in the first place, and why all the effort is worthwhile.
And unfortunately, there are many small business owners who do give up. So if you’re starting to feel this way yourself, what should you do?
Don’t be alone. Don’t be a stranger. It’s time to reach out. But, what difference can reaching out make, and what sort of support is out there?
Crucially, all small business owners should try to find a supportive network of people who will lift them up and help guide them when things get a bit much.
At Tabono, we are passionate about helping our clients to feel less overwhelmed. We help them to become more aware of their strengths, and to make more progress.
The benefits of reach out to a supportive member network such as Tabono, include:
- Opportunities to meet and connect with other small business owners and feel supported and understood by each other.
- Live events such as networking, coworking and workshops. These can help you gain confidence, meet new people, learn something new and feel included in a wider community. You feel uplifted and supported, and this can also be fantastic for productivity.
- An online community where you can always go to ask questions, get help when you’re stuck, share successes and generally reach out when you need to.
- Get hands on help from trusted contacts in the form of coaching or mentoring..
- Being surrounded by cheerleaders! Staying positive is a huge challenge. The people you have around you is so important. In a positive community for small business owners, you are likely to receive the positive encouragement and reinforcement needed to boost your energy.
So what about you? Do you feel like giving up? And are you looking for some of this type of support?
Working with Anna & Chloe has been invaluable to me… Just knowing that they are at the end of the phone is reassuring and it gives me a support network and a team!Katie Topping, Spirit & Grace Style