There’s no denying that, at the moment, the world is going through a hugely challenging time because of a certain virus. And because of that, it’s all too easy to start to allow those negative thoughts to creep in. Looking after our mental health is crucial, and so today, we wanted to share our top tips to boost positivity.
Here goes… We really hope that something here resonates with you and allows you to find more smiles in your day:
1. Start your day with a feel-good gratitude statement. What are you grateful for today? Avoid the temptation to roll your eyes and moan about what the day might hold. Where is the happy bit in the day? The weather, a friend, wearing a new item of clothing, going for a walk, eating a delicious meal? Say it out loud, write it down in a journal, or record it on an app like The 5 Minute Journal – a great positivity record to look back on.
2. Give yourself a compliment. Get dressed, look in the mirror and compliment yourself on something, anything. Don’t start the day by putting yourself down for any reason. Speak to yourself as you would to your best friend. You deserve it.
3. Resist looking at your phone until you’ve been up for at least 30 minutes. Once you do you’re faced with demands on your time, negative news, and other drains to your positivity.
4. Eat and drink to nourish your body. It will most definitely lift you and leave you feeling up, instead of lethargic and heavy.
5. Do some exercise. No-one ever regrets doing a workout of any kind. Your body is flooded with feel good endorphins – always a great way to boost positivity!
6. Have sex!! Sorry if you’re shy about this, but it’s those endorphins again! Making time to enjoy with your other half is a brilliant way to feel more positive in your relationship.
7. Arrange something fun. Whether it’s for that day or a month away, planning fun things is always a mood booster and it’s great to have positive stuff to look forward to.
8. Do something nice for someone else. You might help someone cross the road, give a compliment, or chat to a homeless person. Giving time or making a gesture of kindness without wanting anything in return will boost positivity, without a doubt.
9. Walk in nature, or dance and sing to some loud music that you love – neither of these ever fails to lift my mood. I love it.
10. Wherever possible spend time with friends or family or your tribe. Basically anyone who lifts you up, and makes you feel positive and great about who you are.
We hope that helps a little in helping you to boost positivity! If you need a bit more support, why not consider joining our community? We would love to meet you!